SHILOH SHARPS RIFLES FOR SALE
William T. Goodman, 305 Donegal Drive, Bozeman, Montana 59715
TEL. (406) 587-3131 FAX (406) 219-3415 www.shiloh-ballard.com
The following list of Shiloh Sharps includes only rifles that are in stock for immediate delivery or have actually gone "active." This means they are either in production or are scheduled to be in production in the immediate future. The due dates are based on a production time of approximately 2-3 months from the time the paid orders go "active" (activation means the rifles are on the floor being built at the Shiloh factory). This is approximate, but usually is within a few weeks (before or after) the estimated due date. With the exception of additional sights, specs on these rifles cannot be changed. The prices shown are DELIVERED PRICES. They are based on the current 2012 catalogue price plus Federal Excise Tax (charged by Shiloh on all orders), shipping crates/packing ($44 charged by Shiloh) and $50 - $65 UPS (standard ground delivery fully insured). Note: If Shiloh raises prices, my price has to go up the same amount. There are NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES. Remember, Shiloh is currently in a long backorder situation on these orders. I can also place a custom order for you- any model, caliber, options, etc., and have it in usually about THREE-FOUR months. Also note, I ship ground UPS fully insured. Shiloh will only ship 2nd. Day Air UPS which costs about $65+ on average more than I charge to ship ground. This $40-$70 is a savings to the customer. Generally, a $1,000 deposit is required on all custom orders or to reserve one of my rifles already on order. Balance due when the rifle is ready for shipment.
NOTE: WE WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL DECEMBER 9. PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR TRY TO LEAVE MESSAGES. JUST CALL AFTER 12/9. THANKS.
NOTE: MOST RIFLES CAN BE ORDERED AND CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR EXACT SPECIFICATIONS WITH AN APPROX. DELIVERY DATE OF ABOUT MARCH-MAY 2014.
A NOTE OF EXPLANATION CONCERNING MY $200 FEE I am often asked how I set my fees. Basically, here is the answer. If you were to place your own order with Shiloh, you'd put down a $250 deposit on each rifle. About 18 or more months later you would be notified that full payment is required to begin making your rifle (there would also be an excellent possibility of price increases during this time which you would pay). From there you'd wait another three months or more for your rifle to be completed. This is where I come to the rescue! I've already put down tens of thousands of dollars in deposits at Shiloh for a multitude of future rifles. I am constantly paying for rifles to be built- nicely appointed custom rifles of which most shooters would be delighted to take delivery. I have fronted this time and money for the customer. So, for my $200 fee, you'll save nearly 2 years of back order, not encounter any future price increases, not pay the full amount of your rifle until it is completed, and be shooting your rifle while other Shiloh customers are playing the waiting game!
THE FOLLOWING NEW IN-THE-BOX RIFLES ARE IN STOCK NOW.
1) Business Model, .45-70, 28" heavy tapered round barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, steel shotgun butt plate, pewter forend tip, brass escutcheons.....$2908.83 (#6781)SOLD
2) 1874 Military Rifle, .45-70, 30" round military barrel, standard military Lawrence ladder rear sight with dovetailed blade front sight, hand select standard wood (really nice walnut), standard sling swivels, standard military steel butt, standard three barrel band, double set triggers, .............$2827.02 (#6828) SOLD
3) No.3 Sporter, .45-70, 30" heavy octagon barrel, standard walnut, full buckhorn rear sight, steel shotgun butt plate, this one is being built to copy the simple and stout hunter's rifles of the 1870s- just like the one photographed in the Sharps Photos section on the home page that was shipped to California in 1878...............$2468.50 (#7002)
4) No.1 Sporter, .45-70, 30" heavy octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, pewter tip, steel shotgun butt plate, brass escutcheons, accent line on cheek piece....$3162.58 ( #7004)
THE FOLLOWING PRE-OWNED RIFLES ARE IN STOCK NOW.
1) HARRINGTON AND RICHARDSON .45-70 TRAPDOOR 1871-1971 OFFICERS MODEL CENTENNIAL RIFLE, a near exact copy of the rare and valuable original Springfield 1875 Officers Model rifle that was built by Springfield and sold to officers stationed in the West, checkered wrist and forend, correct tang sight, engraved butt plate, lock plate, hammer, breech block, trigger guard, barrel band, pewter forend cap etc., beautifully blued and case colored, about new in the original box, made in the USA in the 1970s, as I always say when I get these in, these are a bargain on today's market! $1050; SAME BUT WITHOUT BOX, $995.. (for photos go to my other website at www.goodmanguns.com and scroll to the Shiloh Sharps and Reproduction section)
2) HARRINGTON AND RICHARDSON .45-70 TRAPDOOR LITTLE BIGHORN SADDLE RING CARBINE, made to commemorate the famous Custer/Sitting Bull battle of 1876, engraved like the Officers Model above, with correct checkered steel pistol grip, tang sight, nicer than standard walnut, near new condition without box, $975. (for photos go to my other website at www.goodmanguns.com and scroll to the Shiloh Sharps and Reproduction section) SOLD
3) JONATHAN BROWNING .50 CAL. PERCUSSION MOUNTAIN RIFLE, BRASS MOUNTED, LIKE NEW, $895 ( for photos and details go to my other website at www.goodmanguns.com)
4) MARLIN 1895 LIMITED .45-70 WITH SPECIAL 24" HALF OCTAGON BARREL AND FULL MAGAZINE, BALLARD RIFLING, LIKE NEW, $1195 ( for photos and details go to my other website at www.goodmanguns.com)
5) SHILOH SHARPS, MADE IN BIG TIMBER, MONTANA, No. 3 SPORTER, .45-70, 30" heavy octagon barrel, pewter forend tip, semi-fancy walnut, case harden steel military butt plate, long range soule tang sight with globe front sight, about new condition, $2395. (for photos go to my other website at www.goodmanguns.com and scroll to the Shiloh Sharps and Reproduction section)
6) SHILOH SHARPS, MADE IN BIG TIMBER, MONTANA, GORGEOUS HARTFORD SPORTER IN .50-90 CALIBER, I actually sold this rifle to an individual a few years ago who never shot it and has sold it back to me, It is in the original box with hang tag, warranty card etc. and is new and unfired, 32” heavy octagon, Hartford collar on the barrel, pewter forend tip, checkered steel shotgun butt plate, extra fancy walnut with AAA finish, brass escutcheons, bone and charcoal pack harden case colors, fire blued screws, polished barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, a knock-out! Priced nearly $500 below catalogue! $3250. (for photos go to my other website at www.goodmanguns.com and scroll to the Shiloh Sharps and Reproduction section)
ANTIQUE - ORIGINAL SHARPS RIFLES FOR SALE- FOR PHOTOS GO TO MY ANTIQUE ARMS WEBSITE AT www.goodmanguns.com
THE FOLLOWING RIFLES ARE ON ORDER AND ARE BEING BUILT NOW. PRICES SHOWN INCLUDE SHIPPING & INSURANCE. THIS IS YOUR TOTAL AMOUNT.
A NOTE ABOUT ROUND BARREL RIFLES, BULL BARREL RIFLES & MILITARY RIFLES/CARBINES:
Shiloh only makes round barrel rifles and bull barrel rifles on a limited basis about once every one to two years (In times past I have waited up to four years for these!). Shiloh charges an additional $750 for bull barrels and an additional $75 for half-octagon bull barrels. When these are gone, it will be a very long time before I'll have any more.
Approx. due date 11/28/12
1) No. 3 Sporter, .45-110, 30" No. 3 BULL BARREL, standard walnut, full buckhorn rear sight, steel shotgun butt plate, this one is being built to copy the simple and heavy professional hide hunter's buffalo rifle- just like the one photographed in the Sharps Photos section on the home page that was shipped to Ft. Griffin, Texas in 1877. This rifle should weigh a full 16 pounds or a little more.....$3234.06 (#6824) SOLD
Approx. due date 12/20/12
1) Saddle Rifle, .50-90, 30" No. 3 HALF-OCTAGON BULL BARREL, full buckhorn rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, steel shotgun butt plate, pewter forend tip, brass escutcheons, accent line on cheek piece, NOTE: Shiloh has made very few of these 1/2 octagon bull barrel rifles- most of them have been on special order from me- they look great and take about a pound off the full octagon bull barrel weight, this rifle should weigh about 15 lbs or so...........$4042.15 (#6825) SOLD
Approx due. date 12/20/12
1) No.3 Sporter, .45-110, 30" No. 3 BULL BARREL, full buckhorn rear sight, extra fancy walnut, AA finish, steel butt plate, pewter forend tip, polished barrel, polished and fire blued screws, bone and charcoal pack harden case colors, brass escutcheons, this rifle should weight a full 16 lbs.............$4680.96 (#6786) (SOLD)
Approx. due date 8/28/13
1) Long Range Express, .45-70, 34" heavy half-octagon barrel, semi buckhorn rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, pewter tip, steel shotgun butt plate, brass escutcheons, accent line on cheek piece....$3162.58 (#6999) SOLD
2) Long Range Express, .45-90, 34" heavy octagon barrel, semi buckhorn rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, pewter tip, steel shotgun butt plate, brass escutcheons, accent line on cheek piece....$3162.58 (#7000) SOLD
Approx. due date 11/30/13
1) No.1 Sporter, .45-70, 30" heavy octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, extra fancy walnut, AA finish, pewter tip, steel shotgun butt plate, brass escutcheons, accent line on cheek piece, polished barrel, polished/fire-blue screws, bone and charcoal pack harden case colors......................$4015.62 (#7058) SOLD
Approx. due date 12/5/13
1) Hartford Sporter, .45-70, 30" heavy octagon barrel, (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), full-buckhorn rear sight, extra fancy walnut, AA finish, brass escutcheons, bone and charcoal pack harden case colors, steel shotgun butt plate, polished barrel, polished screws- fire blue, this one will be a beauty! .........$3908.73 (#6097 SOLD