SHILOH SHARPS RIFLES FOR SALE
William T. Goodman, 305 Donegal Drive, Bozeman, Montana 59715
TEL. (406) 587-3131 FAX (406) 219-3415 www.shiloh-ballard.com
The following list of Shiloh Sharps includes only rifles that are in stock for immediate delivery or have actually gone "active." This means they are either in production or are scheduled to be in production in the immediate future. The due dates are based on a production time of approximately 2-3 months from the time the paid orders go "active" (activation means the rifles are on the floor being built at the Shiloh factory). This is approximate, but usually is within a few weeks (before or after) the estimated due date. With the exception of additional sights, specs on these rifles cannot be changed. The prices shown are DELIVERED PRICES. They are based on the current 2014 catalogue price plus Federal Excise Tax (charged by Shiloh on all orders), shipping crates/packing ($46 charged by Shiloh) and $55 - $70 UPS (standard ground delivery fully insured). Note: If Shiloh raises prices, my price has to go up the same amount. There are NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES. Remember, Shiloh is currently in a long backorder situation on these orders. I can also place a custom order for you- any model, caliber, options, etc., and have it in usually about THREE-FOUR months. Also note, I ship ground UPS fully insured. Shiloh will only ship 2nd. Day Air UPS which costs about $65+ on average more than I charge to ship ground. This $50-$70 is a savings to the customer. Generally, a $1,000 deposit is required on all custom orders or to reserve one of my rifles already on order. Balance due when the rifle is ready for shipment.
NOTE: MOST RIFLES CAN BE ORDERED AND CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR EXACT SPECIFICATIONS WITH AN APPROX. DELIVERY DATE OF ABOUT JUNE-JULY 2015.
A NOTE OF EXPLANATION CONCERNING MY $200 FEE I am often asked how I set my fees. Basically, here is the answer. If you were to place your own order with Shiloh, you'd put down a $250 deposit on each rifle. About 18 or more months later you would be notified that full payment is required to begin making your rifle (there would also be an excellent possibility of price increases during this time which you would pay). From there you'd wait another three months or more for your rifle to be completed. This is where I come to the rescue! I've already put down tens of thousands of dollars in deposits at Shiloh for a multitude of future rifles. I am constantly paying for rifles to be built- nicely appointed custom rifles of which most shooters would be delighted to take delivery. I have fronted this time and money for the customer. So, for my $200 fee, you'll save nearly 2 years of back order, not encounter any future price increases, not pay the full amount of your rifle until it is completed, and be shooting your rifle while other Shiloh customers are playing the waiting game!
THE FOLLOWING PRE-OWNED RIFLES ARE IN STOCK NOW.
1) TWO CUSTOM C. SHARPS MODEL 1875 RIFLES, MADE IN BIG TIMBER MONTANA: (For photos go to my antique website at www.goodmanguns.com)
A) UNUSUAL .22LR PISTOL GRIP SPORTER, 24" tapered round barrel, fancy walnut stock, French gray finish on receiver and checkered steel butt plate, cheek piece with accent line, Ideal tang sight (no dovetail on the barrel for a rear sight), globe front sight that will take apertures, near new condition, weighs a little over 9 1/2 lbs., near new condition, $1695.
B) PISTOL GRIP SPORTER IN .45-70 CALIBER, 28" heavy lightly tapered round barrel with mid range vernier tang sight and Hadley eye disc, spirit level globe front sight will take apertures, no rear barrel dovetail, case colored receiver and checkered steel butt plate, nicer than standard rich deep color walnut with a little figure, checkered pistol grip and forend, cheek piece with accent line, weighs right at about 11 lbs., seen very light use, $1695. SOLD
2) SHILOH SHARPS 1874 HARTFORD SPORTER, .45 2 7/8" (.45-110), MADE IN BIG TIMBER, MONTANA, this one was custom built to be like a slightly shorter and lighter "Quigley" model with 32" standard octagon barrel, patchbox, pewter tip, Hartford collar on the barrel, double set triggers, mid-range vernier rear sight with globe front sight that will take apertures (included), full buckhorn rear barrel sight, all excellent plus and appears to have seen very little use, weighs right about 11 1/4 lbs., nicely toned medium-dark straight grain walnut stock, $2600. (For photos go to my antique website at www.goodmanguns.com)
3) HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON .45-70 OFFICERS MODEL TRAPDOOR SPRINGFIELD RIFLE, MADE 1970s, very early serial number 9X, beautifully case colored and engraved receiver group, butt plate, barrel band and trigger guard, engraved pewter forend tip, wiping rod intact, tang sight, checkered stock even has the circle P cartouche behind the trigger guard/tang, all just like the original Springfield it was copied from, made in the U.S.A. and still one of the better bargains in firearms today, exc.+ overall with a few small scattered rust/pitting spots on the butt plate only, exc. bore needs a clean, $995. (For photos go to my antique website at www.goodmanguns.com)
ANTIQUE - ORIGINAL SHARPS RIFLES FOR SALE- FOR PHOTOS GO TO MY ANTIQUE ARMS WEBSITE AT www.goodmanguns.com
1) SHARPS 1878 .45-70 BORCHARDT MUSKET, #18XXX, all correct including the "Old Reliable" marked barrel, tight action, safety functions fine (often these don't), original sights (screw only needed in rear sight), mostly gray to gray/brown metal with fine markings, some "vice grip" marks (?) on rear of barrel by receiver- minor, fairly bright bore with scattered light roughness, correct swivels, cleaning rod a replacement, fine forend with a couple cracks beginning around the receiver and moving forward- very minor and hardly worth mentioning- correct checkered steel butt plate, butt stock has had a piece of walnut expertly fitted where there was a chip on the right side of the wrist by the upper tang and has a slight age crack coming back from the receiver on the left side- all this is typical of a well used Borchardt and the wood is basically very solid and all sounds worse than it is, $1695. (For photos go to my antique website at www.goodmanguns.com) ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
THE FOLLOWING RIFLES ARE NEW, IN THE BOX, FRESH FROM SHILOH AND READY FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT!
1) Hartford Sporter, .45-70, 28" standard octagon barrel, (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), full-buckhorn rear sight, semi fancy walnut, brass escutcheons, steel shotgun butt plate, bone and charcoal pack harden case colors .........$3362.94 (#7143) SOLD
2) Sporter No.3, .45-70, 30" heavy octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, extra fancy walnut, steel shotgun butt plate, brass escutcheons..................$3073.01 (#7029) SOLD
3) Hartford Sporter, .50-90, 32" heavy octagon barrel, (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), full-buckhorn rear sight, extra fancy walnut, AA finish, brass escutcheons, bone and charcoal pack harden case colors, steel shotgun butt plate, polished barrel, polished screws- fire blue, this one will be a beauty! ...........$3910.73 (#7175) SOLD
4) No.1 Sporter, .45-70, 30" heavy octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, extra fancy walnut, AA finish, pewter tip, steel shotgun butt plate, brass escutcheons, accent line on cheek piece, polished barrel, polished/fire-blue screws, bone and charcoal pack harden case colors......................$4170.25 (#7174) SOLD
5) Hartford Sporter, .45-70, 30" heavy octagon barrel (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), full buckhorn rear sight, extra fancy walnut (unusually colorful, rich walnut), steel shotgun butt plate..................$3311.11 ( #6876-A) SOLD
THE FOLLOWING RIFLES ARE ON ORDER AND ARE BEING BUILT NOW. PRICES SHOWN INCLUDE SHIPPING & INSURANCE. THIS IS YOUR TOTAL AMOUNT.
Approx. due date 2/25/15
1) No.1 Sporter, .45-70, 30" heavy octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, pewter tip, steel shotgun butt plate, brass escutcheons, accent line on cheek piece................$3245.06 (#6870) SOLD
Approx. due date 5/1/15
1) Long Range Express, .45-90, 34" heavy octagon barrel, no rear barrel dovetail or sight, semi-fancy walnut, pewter tip, steel shotgun butt plate, brass escutcheons, accent line on cheek piece..............................$3245.06 (#9361) SOLD
2) Hartford Sporter, .45-110, 34" heavy octagon barrel, (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), full-buckhorn rear sight, semi fancy walnut, steel military butt plate with patchbox, brass escutcheons, bone and charcoal pack harden case color, polished barrel, polished fire-blued screws, like a fancier than standard "Quigley Model,"........................$3795.07 (#7739)
NOTE: I HAVE AN ASSORTMENT OF THE NEW MODEL 1877 SHARPS ON ORDER- BOTH THE #1 AND #2 VARIATIONS. THEY SHOULD BE ARRIVING IN 16+ MONTHS. I'LL POST DETAILS SOON. CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS OF ORIGINAL 1877 MODELS AND OTHERS IN THE PHOTO SECTION ON HOME PAGE.