SHILOH SHARPS RIFLES FOR SALE
William T. Goodman, 305 Donegal Drive, Bozeman, Montana 59715
TEL. (406) 587-3131 FAX (406) 219-3415 www.shiloh-ballard.com
The following list of Shiloh Sharps includes only rifles that are in stock for immediate delivery or have actually gone "active." This means they are either in production or are scheduled to be in production in the immediate future. The due dates are based on a production time of approximately 2-3 months from the time the paid orders go "active" (activation means the rifles are on the floor being built at the Shiloh factory). This is approximate, but usually is within a few weeks (before or after) the estimated due date. With the exception of additional sights, specs on these rifles cannot be changed. The prices shown are DELIVERED PRICES. They are based on the current 2015 catalogue price plus Federal Excise Tax (charged by Shiloh on all orders), shipping crates/packing ($46 charged by Shiloh) and $55 - $70 UPS (standard ground delivery fully insured). Note: If Shiloh raises prices, my price has to go up the same amount. There are NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES. Remember, Shiloh is currently in a long backorder situation on these orders. I can also place a custom order for you- any model, caliber, options, etc., and have it in usually about THREE-FOUR months. Also note, I ship ground UPS fully insured. Shiloh will only ship 2nd. Day Air UPS which costs about $65+ on average more than I charge to ship ground. This $50-$70 is a savings to the customer. Generally, a $1,000 deposit is required on all custom orders or to reserve one of my rifles already on order. Balance due when the rifle is ready for shipment.
NOTE: MOST RIFLES CAN BE ORDERED AND CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR EXACT SPECIFICATIONS WITH AN APPROX. DELIVERY DATE OF ABOUT OCTOBER-NOVEMBER 2015.
A NOTE OF EXPLANATION CONCERNING MY $200 FEE I am often asked how I set my fees. Basically, here is the answer. If you were to place your own order with Shiloh, you'd put down a $250 deposit on each rifle. About 18 or more months later you would be notified that full payment is required to begin making your rifle (there would also be an excellent possibility of price increases during this time which you would pay). From there you'd wait another three months or more for your rifle to be completed. This is where I come to the rescue! I've already put down tens of thousands of dollars in deposits at Shiloh for a multitude of future rifles. I am constantly paying for rifles to be built- nicely appointed custom rifles of which most shooters would be delighted to take delivery. I have fronted this time and money for the customer. So, for my $200 fee, you'll save nearly 2 years of back order, not encounter any future price increases, not pay the full amount of your rifle until it is completed, and be shooting your rifle while other Shiloh customers are playing the waiting game!
THE FOLLOWING NEW, IN THE BOX, SHILOH RIFLES ARE IN STOCK NOW
1) Unusual and exceptional Montana Roughrider, .45-70, 32" heavy octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, extra fancy hand select walnut that is dense and marbled with beautiful color and grain- stock and forend nicely matched, AA finish, pewter forend tip, traditional checkered steel butt plate, brass escutcheons, a beautiful and distinctive Shiloh with truly great wood!..........$3615.25 shipping included (#9839-A)
THE FOLLOWING PRE-OWNED RIFLES ARE IN STOCK NOW.
1) SHILOH SHARPS No. 3 SPORTER IN .45-70 CALIBER, 30" OCTAGON BARREL FARMINGDALE, N.Y. MANUFACTURE PROBABLY IN THE EARLY 1980s, attractive heavy straight grain reddish/brown walnut, military butt stock with case colored butt plate, double set triggers, polished blue barrel, semi-buckhorn Lawrence ladder rear sight with globe front sight with pin head and mid range vernier tang sight, also comes with a new unused extra blade front sight and full buckhorn Lawrence ladder rear sight (these are listed at $65 in the catalogue), perfect inside, seen very light use only with barely a handling mark on it, weighs 10 1/2 lbs. $2150. (For photos go to my antique website at www.goodmanguns.com)
2) BEAUTIFUL CUSTOM BALLARD No. 5 "PACIFIC" RIFLE, .45-70, BY RIFLE WORKS ARMORY, CODY, WYOMING ( the forerunner of the Ballard Rifle Co., Cody, Wyoming), hand built rifle with correct styling for this model complete with adjustable double set triggers, ring style lever, 30" barrel with wiping rod mounted underneath, attractive golden walnut with distinct dark straight grain pattern, long rang vernier tang sight adjustable for windage and elevation, globe front sight will accept apertures, richly blued barrel and case colored receiver, superb rifle, $3250. (For photos go to my antique website at www.goodmanguns.com)
3) ONE OF THE FINEST or perhaps THE FINEST CUSTOM WINCHESTER HIGHWALL SPORTER I'VE SEEN! This one is built on a late smokeless Highwall action in the120XXX range and is in .30 US (.30-40 Krag) caliber, I was told by the previous owner it was made by a master gunsmith named Ferguson from Roseburg, Oregon, but aside from the caliber marking the rifle is unmarked, full blue overall is minty, spectacular English Walnut is a golden color with dark marble grain and some subtle fiddle back, Neidner style finely checkered steel butt plate with tear drop over the comb, steel grip cap, beautifully checkered pistol grip and forend, ebony forend tip, sling eye in butt stock and on barrel, classy barrel band hooded front sight with 5 inch barrel rib ahead of the receiver containing three flip up leaves as well as a Lyman tang sight adjustable for elevation and windage (windage adjustment screw either missing or intentionally removed), 23 1/2" light sporter weight barrel with perfect bore, THE WHOLE RIFLE ONLY WEIGHS 7 POUNDS! A true work of art in walnut and blued steel! Would cost an absolute fortune to have custom made from scratch, plus probably a few years of wait time! This is a true gem in every way, plus in a great classic caliber, $4350.(For photos go to my antique website at www.goodmanguns.com)
4) LONE STAR RIFLE COMPANY, CONROE TEXAS, CUSTOM REMINGTON ROLLING BLOCK SPORTING RIFLE, .45-70, 26" STANDARD OCTAGON BARREL, about as perfect as a single shot hunting rifle can be! weighs just over 8 lbs., these will never be made again as the owner and one-man-show of Lone Star Rifles, Dave Higginbotham, was tragically killed in an accident some time ago, his rifles rarely come up for sale now, this one is number 1XX, single trigger, highly finished straight grain walnut stock and forend, deeply blued barrel, hammer and breech block, receiver, forend tip and butt plate show all of their gorgeous case color finish, standard open barrel sights, seems to have seen no real use, seldom offered and going up in value rapidly, $3250. (For photos go to my antique website at www.goodmanguns.com)
THE FOLLOWING RIFLES ARE ON ORDER AND ARE BEING BUILT NOW. PRICES SHOWN INCLUDE SHIPPING & INSURANCE. THIS IS YOUR TOTAL AMOUNT.
Approx. due date 8/1/15
1) No.3 Sporter, .45-70, 30" standard octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, standard walnut, steel shotgun butt plate, similar to the one pictured in Sharps Photos (to view go to the home page and click Sharps Photos on left side) that was shipped to California in 1878..........$2529.66 (#9832)
Approx. due date 8/25/15
1) Hartford Sporter, .45-70, 28" standard octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, (pewter forend tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), semi-fancy walnut, brass escutcheons, steel shotgun butt plate, this should make a great hunting Sharps!...............$3139.61 (#9836)
2) No.1 Sporter, .45-70, 30" standard octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, accent line on cheek piece, pewter forend tip, brass escutcheons, steel shotgun butt plate.....$3250.06 (#7749 & #9834)
3) Saddle Rifle, .38-55, 26" standard half-octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, pewter forend tip, steel shotgun butt plate, accent line on cheek piece, brass escutcheons, I've ordered these before and they make delightful light hunter/sporter rifles.............$3185.12 (#9837)
Approx. due date 9/25/15
1) Hartford Sporter, .50-90, 32" heavy octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, (pewter forend tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), semi-fancy walnut, brass escutcheons, steel shotgun butt plate, modeled after an early big buffalo rifle... ...............$3139.61 (#9840)
2) Hartford Sporter, .45-110, 34" heavy octagon barrel, (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), full-buckhorn rear sight, semi fancy walnut, steel military butt plate with patchbox, brass escutcheons, like a fancier than standard "Quigley Model,"........................$3252.83 (#9841) SOLD
3) Hartford Sporter, .45-70, 34" heavy octagon barrel, (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), full-buckhorn rear sight, semi fancy walnut, steel military butt plate with patchbox, brass escutcheons, like a fancier than standard "Quigley Model,"........................$3252.83 (#9842)
4) Long Range Express, .45-70, 34" heavy octagon barrel without dovetail for rear sight, full buckhorn rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, accent line on cheek piece, pewter forend tip, brass escutcheons, steel shotgun butt plate.....$3250.06 (#9844)
5) Long Range Express, .45-90, 34" heavy octagon barrel without dovetail for rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, accent line on cheek piece, pewter forend tip, brass escutcheons, steel shotgun butt plate....................$3250.06 (#9845) SOLD
Approx. due date 10/25/15
1) Hartford Sporter, .45-70, 34" heavy octagon barrel, (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), full-buckhorn rear sight, semi fancy walnut, AA finish, steel military butt plate with patchbox, brass escutcheons, bone and charcoal pack harden case color, polished barrel, polished fire-blued screws, like a much fancier than standard "Quigley Model!"........................$3983.77 (#9843)
2) No. 1 Sporter, .45-70, 32" heavy octagon barrel full buckhorn rear sight, extra-fancy walnut, AA finish, accent line on cheek piece, pewter forend tip, brass escutcheons, steel shotgun butt plate, polished barrel, polished fire blued screws, bone and charcoal pack harden case colors, this one will be a beauty!.....$4175.25 (#9846)
NOTE: I HAVE AN ASSORTMENT OF THE NEW MODEL 1877 SHARPS ON ORDER- BOTH THE #1 AND #2 VARIATIONS. THEY SHOULD BE ARRIVING IN 9+ MONTHS. I'LL POST DETAILS SOON. CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS OF ORIGINAL 1877 MODELS AND OTHERS IN THE PHOTO SECTION ON HOME PAGE.