SHILOH SHARPS RIFLES FOR SALE
William T. Goodman, 305 Donegal Drive, Bozeman, Montana 59715
TEL. (406) 587-3131 FAX (406) 219-3415 www.shiloh-ballard.com
The following list of Shiloh Sharps includes only rifles that are in stock for immediate delivery or have actually gone "active." This means they are either in production or are scheduled to be in production in the immediate future. The due dates are based on a production time of approximately 2-3 months from the time the paid orders go "active" (activation means the rifles are on the floor being built at the Shiloh factory). This is approximate, but usually is within a few weeks (before or after) the estimated due date. With the exception of additional sights, specs on these rifles cannot be changed. The prices shown are DELIVERED PRICES. They are based on the current 2015 catalogue price plus Federal Excise Tax (charged by Shiloh on all orders), shipping crates/packing ($46 charged by Shiloh) and $55 - $70 UPS (standard ground delivery fully insured). Note: If Shiloh raises prices, my price has to go up the same amount. There are NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES. Remember, Shiloh is currently in a long backorder situation on these orders. I can also place a custom order for you- any model, caliber, options, etc., and have it in usually about THREE-FOUR months. Also note, I ship ground UPS fully insured. Shiloh will only ship 2nd. Day Air UPS which costs about $65+ on average more than I charge to ship ground. This $50-$70 is a savings to the customer. Generally, a $1,000 deposit is required on all custom orders or to reserve one of my rifles already on order. Balance due when the rifle is ready for shipment.
NOTE: MOST RIFLES CAN BE ORDERED AND CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR EXACT SPECIFICATIONS WITH AN APPROX. DELIVERY DATE OF ABOUT AUGUST-SEPTEMBER 2015.
A NOTE OF EXPLANATION CONCERNING MY $200 FEE I am often asked how I set my fees. Basically, here is the answer. If you were to place your own order with Shiloh, you'd put down a $250 deposit on each rifle. About 18 or more months later you would be notified that full payment is required to begin making your rifle (there would also be an excellent possibility of price increases during this time which you would pay). From there you'd wait another three months or more for your rifle to be completed. This is where I come to the rescue! I've already put down tens of thousands of dollars in deposits at Shiloh for a multitude of future rifles. I am constantly paying for rifles to be built- nicely appointed custom rifles of which most shooters would be delighted to take delivery. I have fronted this time and money for the customer. So, for my $200 fee, you'll save nearly 2 years of back order, not encounter any future price increases, not pay the full amount of your rifle until it is completed, and be shooting your rifle while other Shiloh customers are playing the waiting game!
THE FOLLOWING PRE-OWNED RIFLES ARE IN STOCK NOW.
1) SHILOH SHARPS 1874 HARTFORD SPORTER, .45 2 7/8" (.45-110), MADE IN BIG TIMBER, MONTANA, this one was custom built to be like a slightly shorter and lighter "Quigley" model with 32" standard octagon barrel, patchbox, pewter tip, Hartford collar on the barrel, double set triggers, mid-range vernier rear sight with globe front sight that will take apertures (included), full buckhorn rear barrel sight, all excellent plus and appears to have seen very little use, weighs right about 11 1/4 lbs., nicely toned medium-dark straight grain walnut stock, $2600. (For photos go to my antique website at www.goodmanguns.com)
2) SHILOH SHARPS RARE 1863 .54 CALIBER PERCUSSION OCTAGON SPORTING RIFLE, MADE IN BIG TIMBER, MONTANA, no longer catalogued and hard to find, 30" standard octagon barrel with full buckhorn rear sight and blade front sight, sporting tang sight, rich straight grain walnut stock with military butt plate, all in near new condition, weighs right at about 10 lbs., double set triggers, $1850. (For photos go to my antique website at www.goodmanguns.com)
3) C. SHARPS 1875 .45-70 24" TAPERED ROUND BARREL, PISTOL GRIP CUSTOM SPORTING RIFLE, rich nicely figured fancy walnut stock and forearm, French Gray finish on the receiver, lever, hammer and checkered steel shotgun butt plate, has cheek piece with accent line, Lyman style sporting tang sight with pin head globe front sight and no dovetail for a rear barrel sight (a nice touch), one or two minor handling marks that you'd have to look hard to find, near new overall, light single trigger pull, should make a great hunting rifle, weighs about 8 1/2 lbs, really handsome rifle, $1850.(For photos go to my antique website at www.goodmanguns.com)
4) BEAUTIFUL CUSTOM BALLARD No. 5 "PACIFIC" RIFLE, .45-70, BY RIFLE WORKS ARMORY, CODY, WYOMING ( the forerunner of the Ballard Rifle Co., Cody, Wyoming), hand built rifle with correct styling for this model complete with adjustable double set triggers, ring style lever, 30" barrel with wiping rod mounted underneath, attractive golden walnut with distinct dark straight grain pattern, long rang vernier tang sight adjustable for windage and elevation, globe front sight will accept apertures, richly blued barrel and case colored receiver, superb rifle, $3250. (For photos go to my antique website at www.goodmanguns.com)
THE FOLLOWING RIFLES ARE NEW, IN THE BOX, FRESH FROM SHILOH AND READY FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT!
1) Hartford Sporter, .45-70, 28" standard octagon barrel, (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), full-buckhorn rear sight, semi fancy walnut, brass escutcheons, steel shotgun butt plate, bone and charcoal pack harden case colors .........$3362.94 (#7143) SOLD
2) Sporter No.3, .45-70, 30" heavy octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, extra fancy walnut, steel shotgun butt plate, brass escutcheons..................$3073.01 (#7029) SOLD
3) Hartford Sporter, .50-90, 32" heavy octagon barrel, (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), full-buckhorn rear sight, extra fancy walnut, AA finish, brass escutcheons, bone and charcoal pack harden case colors, steel shotgun butt plate, polished barrel, polished screws- fire blue, this one will be a beauty! ...........$3910.73 (#7175) SOLD
4) No.1 Sporter, .45-70, 30" heavy octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, extra fancy walnut, AA finish, pewter tip, steel shotgun butt plate, brass escutcheons, accent line on cheek piece, polished barrel, polished/fire-blue screws, bone and charcoal pack harden case colors......................$4170.25 (#7174) SOLD
5) Hartford Sporter, .45-70, 30" heavy octagon barrel (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), full buckhorn rear sight, extra fancy walnut (unusually colorful, rich walnut), steel shotgun butt plate..................$3311.11 ( #6876-A) SOLD
THE FOLLOWING RIFLES ARE ON ORDER AND ARE BEING BUILT NOW. PRICES SHOWN INCLUDE SHIPPING & INSURANCE. THIS IS YOUR TOTAL AMOUNT.
Approx. due date 5/1/15
1) Long Range Express, .45-90, 34" heavy octagon barrel, no rear barrel dovetail or sight, semi-fancy walnut, pewter tip, steel shotgun butt plate, brass escutcheons, accent line on cheek piece..............................$3245.06 (#9361) SOLD
2) Hartford Sporter, .45-110, 34" heavy octagon barrel, (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), full-buckhorn rear sight, semi fancy walnut, steel military butt plate with patchbox, brass escutcheons, bone and charcoal pack harden case color, polished barrel, polished fire-blued screws, like a fancier than standard "Quigley Model,"........................$3795.07 (#7739) SOLD
Approx. due date 8/1/15
1) No.3 Sporter, .45-70, 30" standard octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, standard walnut, steel shotgun butt plate, similar to the one pictured in Sharps Photos (to view go to the home page and click Sharps Photos on left side) that was shipped to California in 1878..........$2529.66 (#7747 & #9832)
Approx. due date 8/25/15
1) Hartford Sporter, .45-70, 28" standard octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, (pewter forend tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), semi-fancy walnut, brass escutcheons, steel shotgun butt plate, this should make a great hunting Sharps!...............$3139.61 (#7748, #9833, #9836)
2) No.1 Sporter, .45-70, 30" standard octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, accent line on cheek piece, pewter forend tip, brass escutcheons, steel shotgun butt plate.....$3250.06 (#7749 & #9834)
3) Saddle Rifle, .38-55, 26" standard half-octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, pewter forend tip, steel shotgun butt plate, accent line on cheek piece, brass escutcheons, I've ordered these before and they make delightful light hunter/sporter rifles.............$3185.12 (#9837)
NOTE: I HAVE AN ASSORTMENT OF THE NEW MODEL 1877 SHARPS ON ORDER- BOTH THE #1 AND #2 VARIATIONS. THEY SHOULD BE ARRIVING IN 12+ MONTHS. I'LL POST DETAILS SOON. CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS OF ORIGINAL 1877 MODELS AND OTHERS IN THE PHOTO SECTION ON HOME PAGE.